9.09.2011

A jocks paradise

Oh.My.Gosh. I mega-love the first couple weekends of September...sports-wise. The US Open rounds out the tennis season and as usual the brilliant and beautiful Roger Federer is in the hunt for another grand slam title. Pulling for him as always and savoring every minute of his gorgeous game.
Versus
This season...it is on! Chris is a diehard Oakland Raiders fan and I am all about the boys in burgundy and gold (that's the Redskins to all you non-football types). I love the ESPN tweet from last night as the season opener was about to begin...'Our lives are about to get a whole lot better'...heck yeah! I bought 2 house flags this year...one with the Raiders logo and one with the Redskins logo. Depending on wins and losses...either Chris will be enjoying the view of the house or I will. Go 'Skins!!

Just as an aside, I was watching a pre-game show with Bob Costas (aka, the human baseball encyclopedia) and in an interview he was doing with the commissioner of the NFL, he admitted that this league is the most popular sports league in the country. Well, duh. Football is an absolutely phenomenal sport but even more than that, the NFL is the master of sports marketing. They have managed to turn an already exciting sport into a must see. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment