11.21.2011

A Kiss Is Just A Kiss

I remember the first time I was intrigued by a Benetton ad. It was in 1998 and I was living in London. Those ads, having to do with HIV, were controversial at the time and Benetton hasn't slowed down since. Their current ad campaign shows various world leaders, some who wouldn't even be seen in the same room with each other, kissing. This is a reminder to me of how powerful advertising can be when a creative idea is done really well. Whether you appreciate the ads or not, it's hard to deny that they're effectively provocative.

~JP Pullos

1 comment:

  1. You know, I've been thinking a lot about these Benetton ads lately JP. In some ways I think Benetton has been more important to advertising industry than the fashion industry. I suppose there was a time when they ruled in both but their ads were never anything less than challenging and always always always, so interesting. These are no different. I'm rather happy to see them back in the biz.

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete