2.27.2012

Yawn...the 2012 Oscars

Predictable. Dull. Just a couple words that come to mind in thinking about last evening's Academy Awards. Usually I like to do a little after show wrap-up of at least one or 2 dresses that I loved but to be honest, not a single thing jumped out at me last night so I am not even going down that road. Instead, I am going to heap praise on fellow Greek-American Alexander Payne, who, with his team of writers last evening, not only picked up the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for the film The Descendants, but also mocked the totally ridiculous Angelina Jolie and her spectacularly stupid thigh stunt. While Mr. Payne didn't look all that pleased with the antics of his colleagues, I thought it was the single most awesome moment of the show. And for those of you who thought she was joking and mocking herself ... well, I have one word for that attempt at humor...thud.


Nostalgic for a time when actors and actresses attended these awards and didn't act like well, kind of ridiculous? Perhaps this fabulous photo of Audrey and Grace from the lovely tumblr Fine Things will help jump start your brain after yesterday. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment