6.23.2009

Wimbledon 2009

My absolute 2 favorite weeks in sports began yesterday when match play commenced at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, the host of Wimbledon. This year, I will, once again be cheering for Roger Federer who has the most beautiful game I have seen since I became a fan of tennis, well over 20 years ago. In addition to being a brilliant athlete and gentleman, Federer has brought a certain elegance back to the game. He is easily the most stylish athlete I have seen in years. If you don't believe me, just check with Anna Wintour...he's a favorite of hers too!

Update: So you have probably all heard that Roger Federer won his 6th Wimbledon title and his 15th Grand Slam tournament, surpassing Pete Sampras' record and solidifying his claim as the greatest tennis player of all time. The match was nothing short of spectacular. The longest in Grand Slam history. I feel lucky to be a fan of tennis during the 'Roger Federer' era. His game is gorgeous, he is humble...he is a true ambassador for the game and for sports overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment