11.25.2009

HappyThanksgiving (Eve) !

Well, I can finally talk about the holidays and not have everyone think I am totally nuts! The season officially starts tomorrow and I could not be more excited. I was sitting in a Starbucks the other day...enjoying my favorite seasonal drink...a Peppermint Mocha (non-fat/no whip :) ... reading my New York magazine (best read in town, by the way) and thinking about exactly why I like the holidays so much. When I was kid it was probably more about presents...but even then, there was more too it. There is the ritual of it all...starting with the tree. Picking one out and decorating it is nothing but sheer joy. Then, for the next few weeks you have this special beautifully decorated, glistening visitor in your home.

Over the next few weeks I will continue to wax poetic on the season. You'll get no 'ba humbug' from me.

As for tomorrow, eat, drink AND be MERRY and Happy Thanksgiving!

(Beautiful painting by Cathy Nichols)

No comments:

Post a Comment