12.11.2009

nostalgic over coffee maker

I bought my first coffee maker when I went away to college in 1990. I loved my white Krups 6 cup brewer... I kept that coffee machine for a good 13 years and only disposed of it when I moved out of Brooklyn. It was still functioning really well and now I regret having thrown it out. Since then I've had two coffee makers, but none really compared to my Krups. This morning Williams Sonoma had a deal I just couldn't pass up and I've re-discovered Krups again. I guess people get attached to the weirdest things....and coffee makers are one of them!

Update: I received my Krups last night and tested it out! Loved the results... Unfortunately we only had soy milk so the taste was a bit off...but overall I really like the coffee maker! One strange thing is that I think you need to place the carafe holder right in the middle of the machine...just as the photo above has it. Kinda quirky but it works so I'm fine w/ it.

2 comments:

  1. I just love this post! Only we could get nostalgic over coffee makers. And this could not come at a better time because I am seriously considering replacing mine. I've had my faithful 4-cup Mr. Coffee for 13 years also and really think it is time to put it to bed...the other thing is I have never,ever made a good cup of coffee in it. I don't know what the problem is. My mom makes great coffee with it. I think I just don't get the 4-cup deal. This one looks fabulous...and its staineless steel...even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, i felt the same about my last coffee maker... it was a cuisinart but there was just something off...most times my coffee was just bland... i tried mixing up my coffee brands...and nothing! i'm expecting my krups any day now so i'll give a review after i give it a go..... i absolutely love krups!

    ReplyDelete