12.04.2009

Persimmons...mmmmm!

A co-worker treated me to a lovely bunch of persimmons today...what a treat! Have you ever had one? I know you have Ms. M. Remember...way back in 1995...you gave me some,I think as a treat for driving you to the airport in Buffalo. I had never had one and you told me exactly when they are ready to be eaten. I was pretty sure I had never eaten anything so delicious in my life.

I've loved them ever since...and with all the sugary, sweet treats around this time of year, these are a perfect change of pace.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!! I don't think I've ever had one, are they in season now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to my expert friends about persimmons but I do think they are in season now. The really are a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're still around but they're waning off a bit... i've noticed the quality isn't as great as a month or two ago... i think sept-nov are really the peak months!

    also,try the "donut" shaped version because you can eat them immediately! i love this variety...the skin does need to be peeled off though, unlike the ones that need to ripen first.

    ReplyDelete