10.07.2011

Happy Thanksgivng to all my Canadian friends

Guess what? Monday isn't just Columbus Day (and Fall Break here at the U of R) it's also Thanksgiving in Canada. Of course this gives me the excuse to talk Thanksgiving day treats even though we are still weeks away from Halloween in the US :) Everybody Loves Sandwiches has a fabulous post on what look to be some delicious side dishes for the big day. This year, I am thinking about a lovely Thanksgiving at my home. Normally I spend it with friends but this year, I'm craving a quiet one so I'm already scouring the sites for recipes. This onion, celery and sage stuffing and braised onions, turnips and carrots look super delicious.
What is your Thanksgiving strategy? How early do you start preparing? As the one of the biggest food holidays of the year and with expectation so high, I am thinking that starting now might not be too insane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment