10.02.2009

Girl Scout Green

I'm not in love with the movie, Whip It!.....but what I am in love with is the beautiful saturation of color in this screen shot. I saw a clip a long while ago when they were filming this & what caught my eye was the brilliant combo of colors in these ladies' roller derby uniforms. I'm sure it's a silly movie, but it does look mildly cute.....and you can't really go wrong with Girl Scout inspired clothing. What I particularly love is the green, mustard-y yellow, and bright red lips. It's lush...and it makes me want to return to my childhood....and roller skating! (sigh)

5 comments:

  1. I heard about this movie, is it directed by Drew Barrymore?
    You are so right, look at these colors!! Amazing! I love the dark and light, great eye Ms M!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it is directed by drew...she looks awesome in these shots! seriously, i want this uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best looking girl scout uniforms I have ever seen.

    And green really is THE color these days. I just read an article (somewhere...I forget exactly...I think Oct. Vogue) about how jade is the gem of choice. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, you're absolutely right! i saw that piece too...as long as it's not hunter green i'm fine... that color totally reminds of me of 80s prep--very ralph lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! It really does highlight the eyes...very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete