6.17.2011

Christmas in June (AKA Birthday/Fathers Day/First Day of Summer Weekend!!!)

You all know how much I love love love Christmas...well, second only to Xmas is 'Birthday Weekend'!!! Yay! I feel like a 10 year old at this time of year...birthday's all over the place and the first day of summer around the corner, not to mention Father's Day, make this an absolutely special time of year. 'Birthday Month' (as Laura likes to call it) was really getting away from me, until my dear friend Kris (who shares her June 19 birthday with Laura and my father) lit a fire under me, mid-week. We decided to have a joint 'Birthday BBQ' at my house, this Sunday. We're combining her awesome grill and my deck and basketball hoop, for an afternoon of fun (I hope!). As with most backyard parties, the guest list keep growing...but the more the merrier I say. I wish you ALL could be there!!! (Laura and Joe, you know I am talking to you :) And never fear...pictures next week!   *Fantastic photo from the Etsy shop Snap Co.
Of course Sunday is Father's Day...it would have been my dad's 76th birthday. Wow. I miss him everyday...but I talk about him so much, he might as well be here, which I think he would like :)  Laura's birthday is Sunday too! Here we are in Tarpon Springs...hmmm...probably 1979 or so....goofing around in the larger than life divers mask :)
Me and my pop...somewhere in Great Falls, Va...who knows when...maybe 1970 :)
OK, you may not have the mother-load of birthdays to celebrate this weekend, but summer is just around the corner (and finally starting to actually feel like it), so celebrate it!! And, needless to say, DO NOT forget dad :)  XOXO to you all!!  *Lovely drawing from the tumblr Hello Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment