9.09.2009

big spender

Just purchased a great Essie polish this morning called Big Spender! Love their names....It's a rich magenta/pink-ish color, with the official site describing it as a "divinely lush red-violet". Just the sort of pick-me-up I need on a grey day.
NOTE: I officially designate this shade as my favorite shade! I never (except for that time when Vamp was totally "in") use dark polish on my finger nails...but I couldn't resist....and I LOVE it! I only wish I had found this color sooner..... Now I can't show off my colored toes because the weather's a bit chillier now. Darn! I only needed one coat of polish---it definitely saturates very quickly and had a somewhat matte quality that I like.

4 comments:

  1. Well...I'm convinced. I'll be heading out after to work to pick up this shade for sure!

    By the way, I just bought Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in a deep blue (kind of like that Chanel color you were speaking about)...its awesome. It's got this great brush that is easy to handle...even with your left hand! All you need is one coat and it dries in 60 sec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! i'll have to try this!!!! thanks for the tip.
    and i swear you won't be disappointed w/ Big Spender! i'm still in love!....makes me giddy when i look at my fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Again I was headed to the store to go buy this, when I received a package from Kate including a bottle of Essie nail polish, I was psyched!! The color is so pretty too, st. lucia lilac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! you know i LOVE st. lucia lilac!!!!! that's the shade i'd been wearing all summer! i love this color!
    man, they have the best colors at essie!

    ReplyDelete