9.21.2009

Wish you were here!



I just returned from a fabulous day trip to Toronto yesterday. Such great fun! I went with my good friend and we started off the day, when we arrived, by walking over to Yonge Street and shopping at the Eaton Center. I can't actually say I found a lot to buy but it was such great fun to be there. After a stop at the Roots store, we headed over to Chinatown and had a quick bite to eat. Chinatown was crowded as usual and I went to some of the markets, to pick up some cool, hard to find, items that are unique to those specialty stores I love so much. By the time we finished in Chinatown, we were ready for dinner, so we drove over to Greektown and had a fabulous meal at Mezes, which I am now convinced is the best Greek restaurant in that area. We had an octopus dish that was the best I've ever had...I am still thinking about it now. After our meal, we strolled up and down Danforth, checking out the Greek shops and catching bits of Greek music that is piped into the street. Just before the trip home we stopped in Athens Bakery for coffee and loukoumades. A perfect end to a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! It sounds so delightful yet yummy. :-)
    Now I really want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! love everything you guys did!!! how fun! i esp love the loukoumades! i miss that place!!!!

    ReplyDelete