9.11.2009

On a mission


I am off to Toronto this Sunday for the day. First, we are headed to Danforth Ave. for lunch in Greektown (at Mezes ... so yummy!) and then I am on a mission to get this cool fleece bag from Roots. The Roots store in Toronto is well, kind of awesome! A 2-storied glass-walled building, filled to the rafters with all sorts of great gear by one of my Canadian favorites. I am thinking this will be a great travel bag...plus I love the warm and cozy feel of it.

Update: It's rainy rainy rainy inToronto this weekend and since walking around the city is half the fun for me, we decided to go next weekend...no problem...anticipation may be the most fun part of any trip :)

10 comments:

  1. Roots! I love Roots! Haven't though of them in so long...BUT I do have my I (maple leaf) T.O. tag from a million years ago (they came out w/ the campaign after the SARS scare..remember that? i just thought it was so brilliant!) anyway, LOVE the bag.. i'm also going to look through the website.... if i find something can you get it for me? pretty please? will pay, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh of course! I will definitely find something awesome for you...now I have 2 missions (and if you even try to pay me...well, I don't want to threaten you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! it's too stupid of me to ask you to buy it there.. i just noticed i can order all these things online! (duh!) i'm really loving your fleece tote! great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally loving the Roots T Towel:
    http://canada.roots.com/RootsTeaTowel/womensFragranceAndGifts//779134906563,default,pd.html?cgid=womensFragrance&selectedColor=9900

    so cute!
    i hope you have a fabby trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that fleece bag is the bomb!! I remember Roots from the Olympics, remember? I think it was the Sydney olympics when all the athletes were outfitted in Roots clothing? So cool! That bag would be great for traveling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, have fun in Toronto this weekend, that sounds like a super fun trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you both like the bag. I love Roots! I do remember the outfits the athletes wore that were Roots. As I recall, they were the only outfits I have ever actually liked that Olympians have worn. The store is so much fun too. I will definitely be on the lookout for something cute for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh! what a bummer...BUT i so know that the anticipation of a trip is just as good as the real thing! good idea....

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problem on Toronto...its Wed and the countdown to out trip on Sunday has begun!

    ReplyDelete