3.07.2011

On the road again...






















Yesterday, after months of working to get back to fitness, I finally hit 5 miles on the treadmill...a major milestone for me. At some point I realized what I always knew back in my mega-running days...you have got to have some good tunes... supporting you, getting you in the spririt, keeping you motivated. As all folks who run, or bike or hit the gym know...all bets are off when it comes to the music you listen to when you train. No music snobs need apply...and here is my playlist on the 'tready' (Laura's petname for the treadmill :) and on the 'spinny' (her petname for the Spinner bike :)...

All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
Run - Gnarles Barkley
Body Rock - Moby
California Love - 2Pac
Viva La Vida - Cold Play
New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
Notorious - Duran Duran
Raspberry Beret - Prince
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z/Alicia Keys
Instant Karma - John Lennon
(And since I'm Greek, you know I am going to pick up the pace when  Stratos Dionisiou or George Dalaras randomly sneak up on the iPod :)

*Oh and that awesome pic above? Well, of course that's Laura, looking fresh-as-daisy and waving to the camera in her first marathon back in '05. In a word...awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Kate!! Congratulations! 5 miles is amazing!! And I really love your playlist too, I promise to send you a mix soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! Well, to be fair, I still have to mix in some walking...but I'm getting there!

    I would love a playlist...sometime when the sweatshop slows down! You know you make the best mixes of all time!

    ReplyDelete