7.18.2011

Intelligent Cloud

Since KatieP is due back today, I figured it best to bring my design posts full circle. I started with travel so I'll end with travel. The design team of Aaron Koblin, Nik Hafermaas and Dan Goods thought up an interior design element for the San Jose International Airport in California. "The eCLOUD is a dynamic sculpture inspired by the volume and behavior of an idealized cloud. Made from unique polycarbonate tiles that can fade between transparent and opaque states, its patterns are transformed periodically by real time weather from around the world." I'm stating the obvious here but the airport is the perfect place for this piece of art. Where better than an international hub to house a work that interacts with the weather patterns of the world? Absolutely wonderful!

KatieP, I hope your vacation was FABULOUS!

~JP Pullos

3 comments:

  1. JP!! Thanks so much for all the fantastic posts while I was away. I am just reading through them all (and commenting) now. Really loving your design mood.

    And thanks for the welcome back. Being back from vacation is definitely not fun but I'm getting into the swing of things again :)

    This eCLoud is so inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...hit 'post' to early :) I was going to say that this eCloud is gorgeous as well. I absolutely adore the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you went through and commented on every post! It was great to focus on one theme for the week. Perhaps, in the future, I'll think of more themes like this.

    Your vacation looked AMAZING!!! Welcome back!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete