8.01.2009

Action figures & libraries









Do you recognize this action hero? She's Nancy Pearl, super librarian extraordinaire. And who could forget Parker Posey in Party Girl? She's one of the reasons I wanted to become a librarian. Who wouldn't fall in love with the Dewey Decimal System after watching this movie? I think it's safe to say Katie & I both share a love of libraries. I especially love my local public library. What a great institution! I spend my days working in an academic library and in my free time I go and hang out in my public library. Where else can I get back issues of all the magazines, wonderful movie classics, and great audio tapes--all for free?

1 comment:

  1. Well done Ms. Macaron. I can't remember a time when libraries were not a part of my life. I'd be lost without them...personally and professionally.

    ReplyDelete