8.01.2009

Dirty Laundry


One thing you will never hear me do is 'poo-poo' television. I think it is, bar none, one of the greatest and most important inventions ever...period. Anyone who doesn't like tv (or won't admit to it) is well, a real drag. I mean, have you ever tried to have a 'water-cooler' conversation with a colleague who doesn't like (or doesn't admit they like) tv...it's about the most boring thing in the world. OK I realize there is some pretty unwatchable stuff out there...but some of it's just great. One of my current guilty pleasures is the 'Real Housewives...' series on Bravo. I'm not sure the show is 'real' or that these women are 'housewives', but there is not a more entertaining hour on tv. The franchise began by focusing on a group of women from Orange County, and grew to include NYC (my fave), Atlanta, and most recently, New Jersey. If you want to sit back, relax, and watch some kooky women, with (sometimes) fabulous wadrobes and homes, go at it, all while spending tons of money and living totally over-the-top lives, check this show out. It will not disappoint.

6 comments:

  1. i couldn't have said it better...i totally agree that people who don't watch/like t.v. are generally really boring people. love this post! the new jersey franchise scares me a bit, but the others are pretty fun. the atlanta women are just the dumbest bunch, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree! The NJ group is my least favorite. They are stupid and scary. The Atlanta group is 100% dumb but entertaining nonetheless. NYC is easily my fave. Had I not seen that group as my first intro to the show, I might not have gotten hooked. They are the most normal and are totally into fabulous clothes. They are the ones I am a bit jealous of :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. simon & alex are my favs on the NY shows.. they're like road kill. can't turn away..
    did you know they wrote a parenting book? can ANYONE publish a book these days? unreal!
    here's a bit from TimeOut NY:
    http://newyorkkids.timeout.com/articles/features/70412/real-housewives-of-new-york-stars-alex-mccord-and-simon-van-kempen-interview

    ReplyDelete
  4. During the first season, I really thought 'Silex' were ridiculous but they totally redeemed themselves during the 2nd season. Compared to Kelly Bensimon they seemed completely normal (though this book thing is well...really hard to believe).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this show! I really got addicted to it, it is like watching a NY fashion show, beautiful clothes. My favorite is Bethany, she is so cool.

    ReplyDelete