8.10.2009

The Swellest Girl



I absolutely idolize Cynthia Rowley's style. I have since the 90's when I discovered her adorable dresses and amazing personal fashion sense. I find her unconventionally gorgeous (which is my favortie kind of gorgeous) and she is someone who always manages to come up with something new and fresh no matter what era she is in or age group she inhabits. As if I wasn't devoted enough, I became completely hooked when she and Ilene Rosenzweig (as the original style bloggsters, in my opinion) invented the "Swell' philosophy, dishing out advice on how to dress, decorate, party and live in only the coolest possible way. I still have the full line of 'Swell' inspired merchandise from Target. In fact, it was one particular item that I was using today (my beloved 'Swell' ironing board), that reminded me of my long-time love of this style maven.

2 comments:

  1. i still have all my swell products too! i still think the swell products were the best of all the designer collaborations w/ target. all the office stuff was to die for!
    and i think i notice bobbi brown standing there w/ her... nice combo!

    love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree...the Swell line was one of the original collaborations and it was easily one of the best. How do I know this? Because I am still using everything I bought. I've made purchases from other 'collaborative' lines but they usually lose their cachet...I adore the Swell stuff to this day.

    And very good eye...that is indeed Bobbi Brown...another style genius.

    ReplyDelete