8.01.2009

Refrigerator Art


I am not really a collector. I think it is mostly because I don't like clutter (but that's another issue). Still, there are things that I have lots of, and one of those things is magnets. I can't get enough of them. I have them everywhere...at work, at home, in my locker at the gym. Everyone knows I love them so consequently, they are always a safe gift to give me since there is literally no chance I will not love them. I have all sorts. Some are reminders of trips I've taken (I refuse to end a trip without getting some sort of 'magnet representation' of it). Some are reminders of trips my friends have taken. Some are replicas of favorite art pieces. Some are just decorative. Some are silly. I even like the kind your insurance agent gives you with their name and number. I think what I like most about them is they are an inexpensive way to decorate and give a little insight into the things you love.


4 comments:

  1. i love magnets!!! i'm the same way....i keep them all!!! i have a ton from walgreens! can you believe it? funny you mention magnets because i'm ordering a bunch for our library... i'll have to send you some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have known you share my magnet fetish! And I would love one from you library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnets are the best and the one's in this post are especially awesome. I love the Greek one I want to find that magnet. You can't beat the french bread and Eiffel tower magnets you get in Paris. Not to mention the flip flops and sea critter magnets from Key Largo. They are all so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura...I actually do have that 'Greek' magnet. It's a to work and very cute :)

    ReplyDelete