8.13.2009

The Picasso of Pastry













This post is done with Ms. Macaron and Laura in mind...my 2 cupcake aficionados. I ask you...have you ever seen anything like these babies?!? They are all the talk in the world of cupcake blogs and I recently indulged in one at the Pittsford Wegmans. What can I say? They are another brilliant creation by
Chef Pierre Hermé, who is widely regarded as France's top pastry chef. Hermé has been called "the Picasso of Pastry" by Vogue magazine's Jeff Steingarten (according to the Wegmans website). Wegmans Patiserre is an authentic French pastry shop. The concept was developed in consultation with Hermé and is a true delight. Do yourself a huge favor and try one of these gems TODAY!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh!!! These are amazing! Absolutely gorgeous! These really are works of art, so yummy!! I think we need to have a party just to showcase these cupcakes, can you imagine how beautiful they would look at a party? When I come visit lets have these for dinner:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would love them. And picture just can't do them justice...mostly because you can't taste them :) When you come, cupcake party for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so gorgeous!!! great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris and I went back for cupcakes last night. He had the strawberry (which has FRESH strawberries cut right into the frosting...unbelievable) and I had chocolate. These cupcakes are a feast...like something you would eat in Europe!

    ReplyDelete