8.03.2009

Want a Greek Omelette at 3am...no problem!

Is there anything better than a diner? They are that perfect combination of yummy food and campiness that I am crazy about. I am hardly ever disappointed when I eat at a diner and the atmosphere always makes me feel like I have just stepped into some movie scene. We have a few good places up here, like the Highland Park Diner, which is one of the oldest in the country but I was insprired to write this post by a new place called 'Mike's NY Greek/American Diner'. I went twice over the weekend and it was completely awesome both times. Among its wonderfulness...open 24 hours, a menu as long as some novels I've read and portions that allow you to have meals for 3 days after. Where else can you sit for hours, have great coffee, great service and all over great conversation. Diners are just great fun!

4 comments:

  1. I love the diner post!!! and i totally agree that diners are just about the best places for all around good convo & food. i esp love the long long pages of foods too!!! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No to mention the pictures of food in the menu! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! Next time I come to Rochester we have to go. Now I'm in the mood for a Greek omelet with feta cheese maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love it Laura! They have lots of vegetarian selections. HUGE salads...sandwiches and wraps. Oh my gosh...and deserts! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete