7.13.2010

miso gravy to the rescue


Tangy Miso Gravy....an absolute joy to make & consume. No, seriously.... I can't tell you how one little recipe for a sauce/gravy gave me the oomph! back to making meals at home again. I've been terribly lazy cooking dinners at home---it's so much easier to just go out (and more fun!)...but this recipe changed all that. I've made it 3 times already in two weeks time and I can't tell you how much I love love it! I found it on Poppytalk's blog a few weeks ago and I swear it's one of the best recipes ever. I like to compliment it w. brown rice, steamed veggies (and shrimp on occasion). What I love about this recipe is that it reminds me of another great sauce/dressing from my NYU days... Nearly every day I would trek over to Dojo and order a serving of brown rice, tofu, and carrot tahini dressing. Pure heaven. I swear the tahini sauce was a like a drug...and I kind of feel the same way about this miso gravy.

So try it and let me know what you think...

1 comment:

  1. This is such an awesome tip! I think a great recipe tip is every bit as good as a great shopping tip. I have a feeling this will be on the table this weekend at my house!

    ReplyDelete