12.07.2010

mix of good and bad


Hi everyone!  Sorry I've been M.I.A. for a few days....I've had a cold, which isn't too surprising because I seem to get them every two months or so.  This would have been a way better post if I didn't get sucky news yesterday from my local adoption agency...
We're going to NY next week to see Sofia Coppola and Stephen Dorff give a talk at the TimesTalks!
I am so super duper excited about this and have been on cloud 9 for the past few weeks.  I booked flights & cool hotel right off Central Park/Columbus Circle and I was all set to go....Just counting the days....seconds really.  If you know me, you know this is a HUGE deal for me! 
Anyway, so I had the party-pooper police rain on my parade yesterday....Back to that adoption agency.
I get an email saying I have to update my home study document--again.  It's going to expire in less than 3 weeks.  Nice of them to tell me now--very close to Christmas/New Years.  I freaked out because I don't even have a referral yet (almost 8 months of waiting) and they wanted to update our paperwork (state clearances, medical updates, photo copying up the gazoo!).  Plus, more money and interviews.  What could they possible want to interview us about?  Whether we still want to adopt?  It's absolutely ridiculous. Sorry to be bitter here.  I really don't mean to be---Especially since I was so looking forward to next Wednesday!
At the moment, I have set up dr. appts for a physical for next Tuesday night...A great way to spend the night before a trip, don't you think?  Have I told you I hate hate dr. appts?  You'd think I'd be used to them by now, but I seriously get anxious at the thought of them.  I seem to associated doctors with bad news.  I know they do wonders, but that's not the rational side of me talking!
Anyway, I'm so not looking forward to next Tuesday, but I can't seem to make it to NEXT Wednesday WITHOUT going past Tuesday. I'm so tempted to cancel and deal w. it after I get back...That's the Scarlet O'Hara side of me coming out (I'll deal with it tomorrow!)!!!
I clearly make no sense now.
Well, that was my sort of good news (mixed w. bad!)

2 comments:

  1. Well let's start with the good...OH MY GOD!!!Please tell me I read the post correct and that you are going to see Sofia in person. WOW! I am not kidding when I say I want a blow by blow report of the event including complete inventory on what she is wearing...and pics if possible. So VERY exciting!!

    As for the bad...man...what a frustrating process. I just feel so bad that you have to keep jumping through all these hoops. I know it will be worth it in the end...and I know you know that too...but in the meantime well, words can't express how much respect I have for you in this journey :)

    I hope you feel better too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I am back to feeling a bit better. I was really sour for the past few days but it's wearing off now. Plus, I've decided to move back the dr. appts and they couldn't fit us in until Jan. 4th so I'm pretty happy. I know I sound silly, but this kind of stuff really gets to me.

    ANYWAY>>>! More important stuff! You know, I have to say when I found out about this I knew I had to go. The excitement I felt was pretty darn close to what I would think a referral would feel like...(i'm sure the baby thing is a million times better)..but I was so so excited! I didn't even care if Brandon didn't come w/ me. So I got my tix first and then finally got a hold of him and when he was in on the whole thing... well, I got his tix right away! I am SO looking forward to this.
    And plus, we're flying so it's only an hour flight! how cool is that?
    So I will give you blow-by-blow of the whole thing! and of course I'll be a maniac and take a million pics too (if allowed...but why the heck not, right??).....

    I'm wondering if I can get an autograph. usually I'm cool about such things but w/ her...well, it's a different story! I'm taking my issue of french vogue w. her cover on it---just in case. I noticed other events where the presenter signed autos...
    Cross your fingers!
    Thanks for being super excited for me! This makes me EVEN happier because I know you love her too!

    ReplyDelete