12.23.2010

no words needed...

I saw Somewhere today and....loved it (big surprise, right?).
I still can't decide which film is better....Lost in Translation or this one.  For more sentimental reasons, I love Lost more...but visually Somewhere wins hands down...There's a lot to be said for a movie that doesn't have too much dialogue.....It's what's not said that's so intriguing and so telling.  How many writers/directors can achieve that?  I had high expectations for this movie and I can honestly say I wasn't disappointed. 
Elle Fanning is my newest hero & Stephen Dorff rocks in this role.  He wasn't lying when he said this role was made for him.  Sofia really has a knack for choosing the right actors because I couldn't imagine anyone else playing the main roles--I really couldn't. 
So go see this film and bask in the warm L.A. sunshine.....

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to comment on this post for days now. I have to say, it sounds just perfect and definitely what I would expect from Sofia at this point in her career. It also sounds like a bit of a departure for her in terms of style. I know what you mean about 'Lost'. It will always have that intangible thing about it that makes it a favorite. I saw the trailer for 'Somewhere' when I went to see 'Black Swan' and it looked superb. Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete