7.14.2009

Pencil Eraser


I love paint swatches. Not only is it about the paint color, but it's also the name of a certain color. Who could resist Dior grey (a dark charcoal grey from Benjamin Moore). Just the name Dior makes me want to paint my powder room in an instant. When I ran across this image from an old Apartment Therapy posting, I gasped. Seriously. I go goo-goo for beautiful paint jobs. I am secretly in love with pink walls and when I found out this shade was named pencil eraser (from Martha Stewart collection for Valspar), I just about had a heart attack! I love this name. It evokes old school charm-- first day of school, all the great supplies. I can just smell the rubber on the end of that newly sharpened pencil. So with this inspiration I have decided to paint a small patch of hallway between two bedrooms. I already have some black framed photos along this wall and I think this perfect shade of pink will compliment them very well. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You have to take pictures of the final product! It sounds like it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete