8.01.2010

lovely portraits





Hi Everyone! I'm slowly trying to get into the swing of things since returning from London...I hope you're all doing well......
I'm also trying to catch up on the great posts by KP...I have so many things I want to comment on...!
I wanted to quickly do a short post tonight about one of the highlights of my trip---visiting the National Portrait Gallery in London.
I love portraiture and this particular museum has some of most fascinating ones I've ever seen....One particular highlight was Alex Katz's portrait of Ms. Anna Wintour. I believe it is the first time she's sat for a portrait and the NPG is debuting the work. I was giddy with excitement because I felt so fortunate to be there...
So this was just one of the memorable moments throughout the trip and I hope I'll be able to share more with you as the days go by. Let's all pray I won't be so lazy and keep putting things off, like I usually tend to do! .....
PS: I picked up a postcard of the Anna print for you, KP....along with some other goodies (which I hope you like!).....
More to come on Tuesday!
xoxo,
kj
One last thing....Thanks a million, KP for giving me the honor of posting our 1,000th post! I'm so enjoying our joint venture & I hope there are many more years of fun posts to come! Creating this blog has been therapeutic and just plain fun....It's served to keep me informed about what KP finds fascinating and has also kept me sane & preoccupied when I needed it most.... Merci!

2 comments:

  1. KJ!!! SO happy you are back and that you had a wonderful trip (can't say I'm too surprised there...after all it is London and Paris and nobody plans a trip like you do :) Anyway, I digress...I've missed you so much and I cannot wait to hear all about your travels. But let's start with this one...you and I are totally on the same page when it comes to portraits...I find them completely fascinating. I cannot believe Anna W. actually sat for a portrait...that, in and of itself is amazing and this one is just a treasure. You are so right...such a treat that you got the chance to see it :)

    I have a feeling this is going to be a great week...lots of travel posts to really entertain!

    Oh and last but not least...it is only fitting that the fabulous girl who started the blog get the 1000th post...and what better and most classic way than the super stylish tribute to National Portrait Gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1000th post and of course it is awesome!! Sounds like an amazing trip, can't wait to see more of your finds.:)

    ReplyDelete