3.31.2010

Countdown to the lilacs!





I might be jumping the gun a little but I can't help it. I have some massive spring fever. Tomorrow is the 1st of April (maybe I can finally get the snow shovel and scrapper out of the car), Easter is this weekend and it is supposed to be near 80 degrees...wow! All of that can only mean one thing up here in Rochester...it's time to start thinking about the annual, beautiful Lilac Festival. There are a bunch of festivals in Rochester but this one is the best for one reason...those amazing lilacs. At first I thought it was kind of a stupid concept...celebrating these flowers for 10 days...having parades and 10k's in their honor...and of course eating the obligatory hot dogs and funnel cakes...but that was because I had never seen them. One visit and you will be hooked...the lilacs are truly gorgeous and smelly so heavenly. You'll have to stop yourself from picking up a bottle of the official scent.

If you happen to be in town...don't miss it. It will NOT disappoint!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Lilac festival! It is so beautiful in Rochester, I have to come out there for sure! I love my lilac perfume that I bought too, smells so good! The most beautiful festival ever!! Remember how much my guy loved it too? We'll have to take him again:)

    ReplyDelete