3.15.2010

Liberty of London...the invasion continues

Oh Liberty of London...where have you been all my life? Like Ms. M...I am officially obsessed and in love with the Liberty of London line at Target. Ms. M's post was so great and made me want to leave work, jump in my car and hit another Target. Her experience was a little different than mine (though the joy was completely the same :) As predicted, I think I might have been the only person in Rochester who knew (or was at least massively excited) about the new line. I got to my neighborhood Target at around 10:30am on Sunday....the parking lot was practically empty. I entered the store and immediately started to stumble across the fabulous items (tip...if you know Target, you already know this...look for the items on endcaps...usually marked by bright pink Liberty signs right above...and because the line includes everything, housewares, clothes, bedding, dining etc, things are all about the store). So, while the other folks bought diapers and detergent...I had the Liberty line all to myself!

The first item I spotted also ended up being one of my purchases...the adorable little tote (in the same exact print!) of Ms. M's previous post. I also purchased the Sixty Melamine Platter and some adorable frames. I had a feeling that Ms. M's advice about going to different Targets would be the case so I stopped at these purchases. This evening I am going to another Target and really want to check out all the dishes, the throw pillows and the storage bins (and whatever else I haven't seen). I don't think the Target I went to had everything out yet so I am sure over the coming days more fabulousness will arrive. I really could go on all day...stay tuned for more!!

3 comments:

  1. love it! i didn't see this platter...i'm about to check out another target near me and they supposedly have the cannisters i've been wanting. i went to another one late last night (in the boonies) but they didn't have the cannisters there any longer and the selection sucked. i wish i were at your local target! i'm telling you, there were about 4-5 of us women just trolling around the store looking for this stuff! i had stiff competition! and while looking through dishes i overheard an employee saying that not all the stock had arrived yet (case in point: the teapot!). so wish me luck and i'll get back to you about what i purchased. it's quite mind numbing! yay! i haven't been this excited in a very very long time. let me know what else you end up getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this so exciting. I had the same experience in that, clearly, not all the merchandise was out yet. The teapots and canister were a definite no show at my Target too. But the shelves were marked and ready for them. I not kidding Ms. M...I was so completely the only person buying the stuff at my Target. I know this crowd up here too well. Now that's not to say that they won't catch on...they will for sure (the stuff is too great!) but until they do, I don't think I will have much competition. I am probably going to do a post about future purchases...keep the fun coming! Can't wait to hear what's next on your list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the platter is awesome. I needed it to replace this hideous one I had up against the backsplash in my kitchen by the sink. CN uses it when he eats in the living room so I really got it with his uses in mind and so I don't have to look at the other ugly one any more. It adds the most smashing touch of color to the kitchen...so delightful!

    ReplyDelete