3.19.2010

We all heart Florida


It's funny Katie should mention Florida because I've been thinking about Florida a lot lately....and strangely enough I've been seeing way too many Florida license plates in the metro D.C. area. I was thinking of my dad while driving yesterday afternoon & at one point I pull up to a FL plate that's from Tampa! I felt like my dad was saying " Here I am!"...It made me cry and smile at the same time. We were on the Metro recently & saw Florida Tourism's new ad campaign, which was a warm welcome from the miserable cold we were experiencing at the time....I was really taken by the playful fonts used & it left a memorable impression on me. I sure miss home... I love you, Florida!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved your story about your dad saying 'hi' to you. That made me want to cry a bit too. I know how much you and your family adore Florida. Yet another thing we all have in common. I am not exaggerating when I say the Key Largo, Florida is my favorite place on earth. What is it about that state that is so soothing and calming? Well, its one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Enough said. I am already counting down the days until my trip. It's been way too long since I was there last.

    I love you to Florida!. Thank you for the great post Ms. M

    Oh and this ad campaign...FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I barely ever put sticker on my card but I just recently added the most adorable Key Largo sticker...how could I not?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! i bet it looks cute.. we're so similar in terms of the whole car sticker thing... i don't have a thing on it...but once in a while i'm tempted....

    ReplyDelete