3.15.2010

Organization - Chic librarian style


To kick off our new 'Librarian Chic' Monday's, I was thinking I would morph this feature with our current obsession of the moment...of course, the Liberty of London line for Target. Say what you will about librarians...they are, for the most part, well organized. They also tend to be hoarders. And while I am the former (really not the latter) I am predicting that these gorgeous storage and organization bins show up in the better dressed cubicles of my librarian brethren around the country. I know they are on my wish list for home and work.

(Look out CN...those shoe boxes as 'storage' are soon to be a thing of the past :)

6 comments:

  1. I have to admit I am a hoader of sorts(but not to the degree I'd be on a t.v. program!) & I have something called organized-clutter all around me (maybe i shouldn't be a librarian!)...i haven't bought the storage boxes yet...but i am keeping my eye on them. i have the fear of buying them but have any room to place them anywhere....but i do love the patterns. I felt the same for Orla Kiely's storage bins too.

    more liberty posts to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, let me say Ms. M (and I've said this for years) you have the best clutter ever! You know, I have actually tried to immitate your clutter in my own home and all it ever looks like is well, clutter. You are an artist when it comes to have the most interesting stuff randomly placed in the most interesting ways. And if you are a hoarder, well then please remember to call me when you have a garage sale because I will be there for any goodies you might be willing to sell.

    So, when since I moved into my house, I have decided that I just need to go with what come natural to me and that is being aggresively well organized. These storage boxes are so cute I can't stand it. They are perfect for all my mags, craft project and I even converted one into a trash can for the study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! love the trash can idea! now that may be something i can spare space for! great idea, kp! yikes.. my brain is just hurting from all this excitement.

    thanks for being so "generous" with your interpretation of my stuff. brandon says i need another house just for all the "stuff" i acquire.
    anyway, maybe i'll re-think the storage bins again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember which one it is off the top of my head but one of the bins is a perfect little trash bin. I just put a slightly nicer plastic bag in it as a liner. Super smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh actually, I think the one I used is the top picture in this post.

    ReplyDelete