3.16.2010

The Love Affair Continues

This might actually be one of the prettiest tops I have ever owned in my life. Of course it is from the new Liberty of London @ Target line and I became obsessed with it yesterday afternoon. I actually saw it at the store on Sunday morning and thought it was beautiful and well made but I went in that day, so obsessed with the home things that I decided to hold off on purchasing it but then yesterday, I just could not get it out of my head. And then it started to disappear on line and I really began to panic. I had to meet at friend at 5:30 for dinner...I get out of work at 5 so I had a 1/2 hour to play with. After flying over to the Target like a maniac, I am thrilled to report that I got the blouse (I was 10 min late for dinner...my friend understood my predicament though :) Let me tell you, it is a beauty! I can hardly believe it is 20 bucks. Fully lined, gorgeous print and even though I really think I could have gone with a small (I got a medium ... no smalls left) it is just so fabulous I can barely wait to wear it. I am thinking of pairing it with my dark skinny jeans and JCrew flats (with a little green ribbon tassle) and black JCrew, Jackie cardigan. I am also thinking of getting every blouse in the line. They seemed to be going fast though (even up here) so run (don't walk!) and pick one up right away!

2 comments:

  1. oh jesus! what are you doing to me????
    i'm already going bankrupt! OK..i think i loved your description of what you'd pair the top w/more than the actual top, although the top is quite beautiful. i can't recall seeing this top specifically but then i was in a trance over the home goods as well so i just couldn't keep up w/ all the excitement! i love love the outfit you're describing. i'll have to go back--yet again to look for this. i did notice this one tunic (it was a blue/red poppy pattern)but i just wasn't sure.. now i'll probably get that too. i should just order one of everything from this line. that would make my life less agonizing (but in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I head you Ms. M. In case you are wondering, I am now obsessed with the line at MAC (thanks to your awesome post). I think you may be on to something...just buying one of everything. That may be an easy way around this obsession.

    I have to tell you though, this top took me by surprise because I really didn't have any intention of buying any clothing items. I was all about the home items. This top will not disappoint. It is just so pretty.

    Oh and thanks so much for liking my outfit idea...your seal of approval is better than a gold star!

    ReplyDelete