3.12.2010

Dear Friends


When I was a teenager (maybe 15 or 16) my family and I were in New England vacationing. One of the fun things we used to do was hit all those great outlets in Maine. LLBean and Bass were 2 faves. So way back then, on one of those trips, my parents bought me this pair of lovely, dressy, ballet flats from the Bass outlet. I wore them forever...years and years. And then, I lost track of them. Who know where they landed. I went to college and they never went with me and then just got lost in the shuffle. I think about them frequently...they were the first pair of shoes I really loved.

After reading Ms. M's post about the Lands End Canvas line, I decided to poke around the site, and guess what I found...almost the exact same pair. The Heritage Ballet Flat. I almost fell over. They are so simple and pretty and I am proud to say that I love them as much now as I did then. Pretty good taste for a silly teenager.

4 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you found these shoes! they're adorable too..and the story is even better!!! you did have good taste. I was nuts about bass and when i noticed that jcrew brought back the penny loafer i had a whiff of nostalgia hit me! i remember finding the shiniest penny for that loafer...oh well. memories are priceless.

    b and i went up to ogunquit several times and the cape once or twice and we loved shopping at the ll bean outlet...so very maine/new england!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I haven't been shopping up there in years! SO glad it is still as much fun!

    These shoes just about made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very near future post of mine will be: who says money can't buy you happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No truer words were ever spoken Ms. M ;)

    ReplyDelete