3.10.2010

Short Hair 101



Those of you who know me, know one thing...I've had long hair my ENTIRE life, without exception. Recent circumstances have caused me to totally change my look and I am now learning something I never imagined before...I love love love short hair. OK, let me back up...I've always known that I have loved it on others. I mean really, look at these 3 (Twiggy, Audrey and Linda) masters who rocked short hair. I just didn't ever believe it would look decent on me. Now, do I look as amazing as these 3? No way, but it's a whole lot better than I thought it would be. I figured my hair was just too unruly and I'd look like a puff ball. To my surprise, neither of these things are true...when my hair is short (ironically, both are true when it is long).

It would be really amusing, if the biggest lesson I learned from the last 3, fairly harrowing years, would be that I adore short hair on me. I doubt that it will be, but this new look has changed everything for me...so much for the better :)

7 comments:

  1. i love it!!! yay!!! i think you'd look amazing w/ whatever cut because you're fabulous all around!!! but i do have an affinity towards short hair because i always had short hair growing up. i never ever had long hair... my mom liked short so i always had short. it's strange how things work out sometimes, no? i'm still waiting for the photo, mademoiselle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, love love that photo of linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Ms. M! You are way way to kind...always have been. Now I know of your affection for short hair and I know how great you look in it. But you have great hair to begin with (what have I always said? You can basically do anything with your hair at it will look amazing). For me, it was kind of a stretch...what with the problem Greek hair...ugh. I am telling you though...the short 'do' is here to stay.

    PS I PROMISE..pics to come ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and much as I really never could stand Linda E...she was an amazing model and you are so right, that Vogue cover is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK--you know i've been saying for YEARS that i absolutely LOVE the texture of your hair!!! i'm pretty sure you look amazing w/ short hair. end of story! and yes, please.... photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. models don't need to talk... they're there to look pretty--and linda does a pretty good job of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again Ms. M! I know you have said you love that texture. Man, sometimes I really wanted to figure out a way to transfer it to you because I have grown to hate it. But this might be the best way to deal with.

    Amen on the models talking (or hopefully not :) !

    ReplyDelete