3.17.2010

Jeans - Fashion's Holy Grail

There is no way I am going to even begin to try to convince anyone that I have found the perfect jeans. How many articles do you think you've read in your lifetime about 'the perfect pair'... 8, maybe 9, million. Let's face it, there is no such thing as the perfect pair...and even when you think you may have found them, eventually they lose their luster, and something else, something new & improved comes along. I am no different than anyone else out there. I have owned a jillion pairs, in a jillion styles, by a jillion designers and probably spent a jillion dollars. In my closet now I have $150 jeans (Seven for All Mankind) to $20 (H&M). To be honest, I am never spending more than $50 on a pair again because...now hold on to your hats...they are all the same! I love my new $15 (fantastic sale price) Old Navy jeans, just as much as I have ever loved any fancy expensive pair ... honestly, I might like them a little more ;)

All that said, head out a try some of the many varieties of Old Navy jeans on the market today. For the skeptics, I promise you, these are not the Old Navy jeans of yesterday. I have 2 pair in my closet (purchased for a total of $45) and I wish I could wear them every day. The are well made, stylish and cut well...a total bargain...and who doesn't love that?

3 comments:

  1. very interesting.... yes, buying jeans is like buying bras (but bras are slighter worse!)...and finding the "perfect" pair... well, nearly impossible.

    i might have to give these old navy ones a try.

    i've been wearing jcrew jeans for number of years (too many to count) but the ones they have at the jcrew outlets have been working out for me for the past few seasons... they're the hipslung and i'm actually quite pleased...and w/ the sales they always seem to have they are no more than $40-something each time around. just another option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love JCrew jeans too! I have a pair that are really always reliable and I've had them forever! You are so right about bras and jeans. They have to be the single 2 items that I have never been satisfied with in my wardrobe. Unlike jeans though, I think you do need to spend some $$ on a bra. Those $15 things you can pick up at Target just don't cut it.

    Not everyone will agree with me on Old Navy...I think they kind of have a junky reputation when it comes to pants in general. I think that's why my recent love affair with their jeans is just a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to admit i haven't bought anything at old navy in a few years...but i have been wandering back in the past few times i've been at the mall....

    unfortunately even when i do spend a good amount of money on a bra it STILL isn't the perfect one! the last step would be to go to a bra fitter but i just can't work up the nerve for that

    ReplyDelete