6.23.2010

J'adore Bill Cunningham!




***
I went to see Bill Cunningham New York today and had one of the best afternoons in a long time! It was quite nice to leave work early & trek out to the beautiful AFI Theatre....Even though it was nearing 100 degrees, I was super enthusiastic about the documentary I was about to see....and boy was I impressed! This man is absolutely adorable. His mannerisms, his own Bill-isms(calling a grown woman "child" & friends "muffin"....), his love of street fashion... I could go on & on...I actually cried twice during the film. Did you know he was presented the Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters from the French Ministry of Culture? My god, this man is the most humble person I've ever encountered...I hope he lives to 100! because I can't imagine the NYTimes Styles section without him! For years, the first thing I'd look at when I reached for my Sunday Times was the Styles section and his photo collage...Of course we now have the pleasure of hearing his voice in the video segments each week, which I hope he continues to do for many years to come. I hope this film gets picked up for national distribution (as of yet the director & producer were still hoping!)....I really want you to see this, KP! I know you'd love it too...

1 comment:

  1. Well it goes without saying, that now I am going to be obsessed with this film. Ugh...and who knows when or if it will ever come up here. But you know, I've been surprised before. I will begin stalking this film because I have loved this man forever :)

    ReplyDelete