6.10.2010

Kris' book...the wait is over


It goes without saying that all of us lucky enough to call Kris Merola a friend and those of us who know her work, have been anxiously awaiting the release of her artists book Things I Wanted To Tell You for a while now. Well, the book is finally available and her launch party is next Saturday, June 19 (her birthday!!). A few months back I got a sneak preview of the work and it is magnificent. Prints of many pages of the book are also available and I talked her into selling me one recently (I'll post a picture of that when it is framed and hanging in the dining room). I hardly ever say this in posts 'cause I know we're all busy but if you look at any link in my posts today make it this one, which gives a description of the thoughts behind this work. You won't be disappointed...it's brilliant, mysterious and gorgeous.

4 comments:

  1. this sounds fascinating..i'm quite intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of obsessed with the book and even more so with the prints. She had a couple of large ones in the VSW auction a few weeks back and I was kicking myself for not getting one. But I may be in luck since she is going to reprint.

    There is just something so haunting (for lack of a better word) about this work. All these thoughts...hundreds of them...and they are all obscured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved reading the description for the work..that itself was beautifully written..so I'm taking it that the actual work is a million times better!

    So brave of Kris--- I've never been able to write in a journal/diary because I just didn't want all my thoughts preserved...It's always scared me to think that these thoughts/emotions could be kept so "permanent"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know KJ...brave came to my mind too. I am going to forward an email to you that she just sent me. I inquired more about the thought process behind the work and her her description really does make you feel as though her tackling this is quite brave.

    ReplyDelete